We are making a large purchase this month and with medical bills from the latest events beginning to trickle in, I’m trying to stay simple and inexpensive while meal planning. So, nothing exciting this week – but cheap and easy, healthy, and easily made gluten free.
[Simply Living Love uses affiliate links in blog posts. Read our full disclosure policy here.]
- My daughter had a sleepover this weekend and I made a triple batch of pancakes, flash froze the leftovers and they’re ready for breakfasts this week.
- I also have almond flour bread for toast in the freezer
- Plus we always have eggs to scramble or fruit for smoothies.
- Matt will take homemade oatmeal packets.
- I made a large batch of chicken, rice and broccoli for lunches.
Aldi had their family pack of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts on sale for $1.98 this week!
- I have a few leftover banana muffins in the freezer.
- I usually have a salad every day for lunch. This week I’ll probably add some fish that I have ready to cook in the freezer.
- We love this simple (and adaptable) hamburger soup recipe. (I’ll be using ground turkey, gluten free noodles, and omitting the soy sauce)
- Sausage potato skillet (I’ll be using nitrate free spinach & feta sausages that Aldi carries) with peppers and onions
- Pork noodle bowls with my favorite Pad Thai noodles with broccoli
- cheeseburger wraps with salad (I’ll make my own gluten free wraps)
- turkey tenderloin with green beans and mashed potatoes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Home made Lara Bars
- Zucchini bread (For the zucchini bread, I’ll sub in my gluten free flour blend.)
As you can see from the photo above, I spent at ton of time in the kitchen Sunday night, and this a glimpse into some of what I was doing. Lunches are packed for Monday and Tuesday, and three oatmeal packets are ready to go for breakfasts for my main squeeze.
You can see that I used all of my favorite containers I mentioned in this post!
I’m always exhausted on Sunday nights, but so glad I’ve done so much prep work when Monday morning rolls around!
What’s cooking at your house?