These are so good! I’ve been making them for years! There aren’t a ton of recipes that stick around here this long, but this one is a keeper. This recipe is adapted from one of Rachel Ray’s 30 Minute Get Real Meals Cookbook, but this recipe has my adaptations. It’s so easy and adaptable!
Her book is on sale for $7.77 for the paperback version if you want to look through the rest of these low carb recipes. They’re all pretty good! This one’s an adaptation of my favorite though.
- 1 1/3lb ground turkey (one package)
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup bottled BBQ sauce (or homemade if you’re ambitious)
- 1 small or half a medium zucchini diced fine (If you have picky eaters, go ahead and grind it in your food processor, just make sure to squeeze out the excess moisture.
- 1 tbsp grill seasoning (if you have it)
- 3/4 cup gluten free or regular bread crumbs (or ground oats, or almond meal)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Mix ingredients together. If it’s too dry, you can add an egg, but I usually don’t. I shape them into 5-6 mini loaves. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
I like to serve with smashed potatoes and green beans.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think!